N.C. Peach Statistics
Find this page at:
- North Carolina harvested 1,200 acres of peaches in 2016, contributing nearly $7 million in annual sales.
- North Carolina is the 7th top producer of peaches nationally, producing an average of 3.6 million pounds for the fresh market each year (2016 USDA).
- Four months is the average NC peach season, spanning from June – September and peaking in July.
- North Carolina common peach varieties include Biscoe, Candor, Carolina Belle, Derby and Norman.
- The annual NC Peach Festival is hosted in Candor, NC on the third Saturday in July.