N.C. Peach Statistics
- North Carolina harvested 1,200 acres of peaches in 2017, contributing nearly $7 million in annual sales.
- North Carolina is the 9th top producer of peaches in the national, producing an average of 35 million pounds for the fresh market each year.
- Four months is the average NC peach season, spanning from June – September and peaking in July.
- North Carolina common peach varieties include: Biscoe, Candor, Carolina Belle, Derby and Norman.
- The annual NC Peach Festival is host in Candor, NC on the third Saturday in July.
Was the information on this page helpful?