Tree Assistance Program

— Written By
en Español

El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.

Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.

English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.

Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.

Collapse ▲

The 2014 Farm Bill authorized the Tree Assistance Program (TAP) to provide financial assistance to eligible orchardists and nursery tree growers to replant or rehabilitate eligible trees, bushes, and vines lost by natural disasters. TAP is administered by the Farm Services Agency (FSA) of the US Department of Agriculture (USDA).

Eligible trees, bushes, and vines are those from which an annual crop is produced for commercial purposes. Nursery trees are also included, as are Christmas trees produced for commercial sale. Forestry trees are ineligible.

To be eligible, trees must have suffered more than a 15 percent mortality loss in a stand due to an eligible natural disaster. The loss must not have been preventable through reasonable and available measures. Loss must be visible and obvious. Eligible producers must have owned the trees during the time of the natural disaster, but do not have to own the land on which they are grown. Replacement must occur within 12 months from TAP application.

This is a very brief overview of the program. For additional information on disaster programs, visit the Farm Service Agency Disaster Assistance Programs website or contact your local FSA office.